Grade R Enrolment and Grade 1 English and Afrikaans Enrolment.
• Application forms can be downloaded from the website or collected at the school. Please ensure that the correct documents are attached and that the forms are completed in full. Incomplete forms will not be accepted. Proof of residence must be in the form of a municipality or telephone account.
• Applications will only be accepted from the first week onwards, after the school has re-opened in January.
• No applications will be accepted before the above-mentioned date.
• Parents will be informed of the opening date of applications via the Communicator, website and information letters sent out by the pre-schools.
• The first round of acceptance will be completed at the end of the first term and during this round only siblings and learners in our first feeder area will be considered.
• Depending on the number of learners per class, the second round of acceptance will be done in the third week of the second term. During this round learners staying in the second feeder area and beyond who have applied early, will be considered and accepted, depending on availability. Learners staying outside Somerset West stand a very slight chance of being accepted.
• The learners on the waiting list will be reviewed continuously as we do get parents who withdraw their children’s letter of acceptance, or there are learners who get exempted from Gr 1 after their school readiness tests.
All application forms must be completed and either emailed to email@example.com or delivered by-hand to the school office.
Please take note that the WCED Admissions Online is ONLY open as from 17 February 2020 – 17 March 2020 NOT EARLIER NOR LATER