Grade 5 Educators
5A1: Mnr. Braam van Wyk
5E1: Mr Stefan de Villiers
5E2: Mrs Lisa da Costa
5E3: Mrs Désirée Struwig
5E4: Ms Michelle Middleton
5E5: Mrs Justine Kruger
“Teamwork makes dream work”
- We do our best to identify each child’s strengths and work hard to build their self-esteem by focussing on these.
- We remind our learners daily about the importance of our core Beaumont Values and work hard to instil these values in each and every individual.
- English HL (English learners)
- Afrikaans EAT (English learners)
- Afrikaans HL (Afrikaans learners)
- English FAL (Afrikaans learners)
- Natural Science and Technology
- Social Sciences (Geography and History)
- Life Skills – Movement Education, Creative Arts, Performing Arts
- A moderate amount of homework will be expected from learners on occasion, generally when work has not been completed in class. (No single item of homework should take more than an hour to complete)
- Daily homework periods are made available from Monday to Thursday to assist learners with the completion of unfinished items of work.
- The amount of work a learner needs to complete at home should be an indication to parents of their child’s work ethic during lessons – a lot of homework constantly is cause for concern.
- Homework is generally not set over weekends, but learners might be required to obtain items necessary for projects / assignments being completed at school or they might need to do some additional research over weekends, on occasion.
- The number of assessments vary, dependent on the specific subject.
- Languages generally have between 7 and 8 assessments set per term and other subjects, 1 to 2 assessments per term.
- A hard copy of the Assessment Schedule is handed out to each learner at the start of every term. This serves to inform learners and parents about the upcoming due dates of all assessments set for a particular term. It is also accessible online on the School Communicator.
- Grade 5 Camp to Simonsberg in Stellenbosch
- Cape Town Science Centre
- Palmiet Pumped Storage Scheme in Grabouw
- Helderberg Nature Reserve
“If you believe it, you CAN achieve it!”